Topic : What Can I Do With Alexa Adt Pulse USA 2021
What Can I Do With Alexa Adt Pulse USA 2021
Frequently asked questions about ADT pulse and Amazon Alexa commands skill
1. How will Amazon Alexa know which ADT Pulse device I mean?
For example, how do I decide which door I want to lock?
The Amazon Alexa device will recognize each ADT Pulse device by the name you assigned it in the ADT mobile app. Whenever you ask your Alexa device to perform a task, you will need to refer to the ADT device with that name. For example, if you called your door “Front Door” in the ADT Pulse app, you would need to say “Alexa, close” Front Door.
2. How can I change the names of my devices?
Follow the instructions below for each individual device name that you wish to change.
For the pulse: Amazon Alexa Adt Pulse
- Log in to the ADT Pulse portal at https://portal.adtpulse.com/
- Select the System tab.
- Click the name of the device you want to change.
- Edit the name field to what you want to call your device.
- Click Save.
To control: Amazon Alexa Adt Pulse
- Log in to the ADT control portal at control.adt.com
- Select Settings in the left navigation bar.
- Select devices in the next screen.
- Select automation devices.
- Edit the device name to what you want to call on your device.
- Click Save.
3. What are some common commands I can use with the Alexa Smart Home Skill?
Here are some of the most popular Alexa commands you can use.
Safety System – You can arm, disarm and inquire about your security system.
Alexa, ADT arm is in remote mode.
Alexa, arm ADT in survival mode.
Alexa, ADT disarmed.
Alexa, is ADT armed?
Lights – Control your smart lights with Alexa
Alexa, turn on the bedroom light.
Alexa, turn off the balcony light.
Alexa, dim the living room lamp.
Alexa, Dim your living room lighting to 25%.
Locksmiths – You can lock, unlock and query smart locks with Alexa
Alexa, lock the front door lock.
Alexa, unlock the kitchen door.
Alexa, is the front door locked?
Thermostats – You can control your Alexa connected thermostats
Alexa, set the kitchen temperature to 75 degrees.
Alexa, lower the bedroom temperature.
Alexa, increase your living room temperature.
Alexa, what’s the temperature in the house?
Alexa, what is my thermostat?
Note: It is important that you use the name you set for the ADT Pulse devices in the ADT gateway and the voice code you set up in the Alexa app as part of the command. For commands that require a voice code, it will say: “Alexa, disarm my system.” It will then prompt you to enter the voice code as a response.
Download the Amazon Alexa Quick Start Guide and ADT Pulse here.
4. How do I enable the ADT pulse skill?
Here’s how to enable ADT skill on Alexa
From the left navigation panel, select Skills
Use the search bar to enter ADT
When you see the ADT skill, select Enable the skill
5. Is there a fee to use the Amazon Alexa skill in ADT Pulse?
No, ADT Amazon Alexa is available to all ADT Interactive customers as an add-on service without any additional costs associated with outside the standard monthly fee.
6. What are the security features of ADT skill?
In order to be able to use features like disarm your system and unlock your door, you will need to set up a voice code that your Alexa device will need to hear to execute the specified command. ADT recommends making this phoneme different from the icons you use with your tablet and the ADT app.
7. Can I change the verbal sound code that separates my system and opens my doors?
Yeah. You can change it at any time. All you have to do is disable ADT skill in Alexa app and re-enable it.
8. Will all home automation devices be accessed with ADT skill?
You can arm and disarm your system and control the lights, locks, and thermostats connected to ADT through the Alexa device.
9. What Amazon devices is ADT compatible with?
ADT skill will work with the following Echo devices: Echo, Echo Dot, Echo Plus, Echo Show, and Echo Input.
10. What if I already have an Amazon Echo / Echo Dot?
If you already have an Amazon Echo or Echo Dot, you can enable the ADT Pulse skill at no additional cost.
Download the Amazon Echo & Echo Dot User Guide for ADT Pulse here.
11. Do I need to make any changes to the ADT Pulse app to link my ADT Alexa Smart Home skill?
The setting is inside the Alexa app for calling and authenticating with ADT in the Skill section. You don’t need to do anything inside the ADT app to enable ADT skill in your Amazon Alexa account.
12. What is the ADT service compatible with Amazon Alexa?
ADT skill is available for all ADT Pulse and Control clients. The job will depend on your level of service.
13. Do I need my smartphone to use ADT on my Alexa devices?
No, you don’t need a smartphone with you or near you to use the ADT skill.
14. Do I need an internet connection to use the ADT skill?
Yes, your Alexa device must be connected to the internet in order to use the ADT skill.
15. Can my Alexa device execute multiple commands in one phrase, for example “Alexa, run Kitchen Light and arm my system?”
Your Alexa device cannot send a secondary command to the ADT system before the initial command is executed. Your Alexa device can only send one command at a time. A device can only send one command at a time.
16. Why is my Amazon Alexa device slow to respond when I try to disable my system?
Some panels are radio-based and need to be “woken up” before performing an action that could cause a delay. If you find that your system is not disarmed fast enough, be sure to say the command the moment you walk through your door to allow sufficient time for your Amazon Alexa device to communicate with your board before the alarm is triggered.
17. What should I do if I give the wrong phonetic code and now cannot access the ADT skill in my Alexa app?
If you say your voice code incorrectly three times in a row over a few days, the ADT skill will be automatically unlinked to your Amazon Alexa account and your Alexa device won’t recognize ADT commands. If this happens, you will need to follow the steps to re-enable the Amazon Alexa ADT skill again and reset your voice code.
18. What do I do if I change my password for ADT and my Amazon Alexa device now won’t allow me to use the ADT skill?
If you have changed your ADT password, you will need to disable and re-enable ADT skill via Amazon Alexa app.
19. Why can’t I see my Alexa device in my ADT app?
Your Alexa device will not appear as a paired device in the ADT app and cannot be accessed / controlled through the ADT app. It can only be controlled and accessed with a voice command through your Alexa device, or via the Amazon Alexa app.
20. I have enabled the ADT Pulse skill in Amazon Alexa, so why is my Alexa device not recognizing commands?
If there are multiple Amazon accounts in your home linked to your Alexa device (s), ADT skill must be enabled in each account in their Alexa app.
If you prefer that not all accounts in your household have access to the ADT skill, you can say “Alexa, switch profile”. Once you switch to the desired profile, you will be able to control your ADT system from your Alexa device (s) through the authorized account.
21. How do I delete Amazon Alexa recordings?
To delete individual recordings, select Delete audio recordings. This removes the audio file streamed to the cloud, as well as the home screen cards related to that interaction. For added safety, the ADT recommends that you delete any record that references the ADT Pulse skill sound code immediately. To delete all of your interactions.
Thanks for reading our blog on Amazon Alexa Adt Pulse USA 2021.