Best 8 Stream Highest Speed Router USA 2021
Best 8 Stream Highest Speed Router USA 2021
Best 8 Stream Highest Speed Router USA 2021 and it’s WiFi 6 is the latest Wi-Fi standard, promising faster speeds, improved security, and a whole host of other benefits. The rollout has been slow, both in terms of the hardware supporting the new standard, as well as in terms of the routers that will form the backbone of your fastest network.
The Netgear Nighthawk AX8 AX6000 is among the few WiFi 6 enabled routers currently available in India. Let’s take a closer look at this futuristic looking router to see if a future-proof network solution for your home.
Netgear AX6000 Design and specification
We’ve seen some routers designed to blend into their surroundings, but it’s safe to say that the Netgear Nighthawk AX8 AX6000 isn’t one of them. It has a visually stunning design that resembles a spaceship with “wings” that extend upward on both sides.
Each suite contains two “high performance” antennas. Thankfully, the wings can fold inward when you want the router to be positioned further away. To illustrate, the router works even when the wings are folded, but there is likely to be some impact on its performance.
All the ports are at the back of the router, and the status LEDs are at the top but towards the rear, which is a little odd. What’s worse, the LEDs are really dimmed, and sometimes we’d really struggle to see them especially when the room is well lit. There’s a physical switch to turn the LEDs on / off (right next to the reset button), but there’s no way to control their intensity, not even via software settings.
Netgear AX6000 Description
Next to the LEDs there are two physical buttons – WiFi and WPS. The latter is self-explanatory, allowing you to quickly add a Wi-Fi device to the network using the Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS) protocol, while pressing the former for a few seconds will toggle Wi-Fi on or off. We are not sure about the utility of this button, especially as it toggles the main Wi-Fi network; Hiring her on the guest network made more sense.
Netgear Nighthawk AX8 AX6000 Launches, Software and Features
Getting started using the router using the web-based interface on a computer was very simple and we didn’t encounter any problems during the initial setup. You can also download the Nighthawk app to set up and manage the router, but it requires you to create a Netgear.com account, which itself was a red flag. Moreover, the amount of control that goes past the initial setup is very limited, and you’ll need to use the web-based interface to tweak anything of importance.
Netgear AX6000 Networks
By default, separate networks (SSIDs) are created for the 2.4GHz and 5GHz channels, although you have the option to combine them and let the router specify the channel allocation for each device. You can also enable guest networks, again with the option to have separate 2.4GHz and 5GHz SSIDs.
Advanced users will be happy to note that almost all of the features you expect are supported. This includes dynamic DNS, port forwarding and playback, remote management, and even a built-in VPN server. There is a motion gauge that allows you to monitor general internet usage, and you can optionally alert you by flashing an amber / green LED when user defined limits are reached, or disable internet access completely.
The internet capabilities and WAN port aggregation mentioned above are also prominently highlighted within the settings. The USB ports support Netgear’s ReadySHARE feature, which allows you to easily share any connected drive or printer with devices on the local network or the Internet, run a DLNA media server, and even allow a drive to act as a backup destination for computers on the network. However, we attached a 128 GB drive to the port, along with an SSD and neither was detected. The Samsung laser printer we connected to the router has not been detected.
The only Quality of Service (QoS) control available is “automatic”, which, when enabled, uses an online database to improve traffic on your network, theoretically giving priority to applications that require faster Internet access. We wanted more fine controls for this aspect of router performance.
Netgear AX6000 Performance
Testing this router wasn’t easy due to the dearth of WiFi 6 devices on the market. The only two we’ve had for a long time are the iPhone 11 and Samsung Galaxy S10e. Best 8 Stream Highest Speed Router USA 2021, We decided to run a set of tests for transferring files between these devices and a computer connected to the router using a wired gigabit Ethernet network. We compared the results to what we observed when running the same tests with all devices connected to the Netgear Orbi, which are among the fastest 802.11ac routers we’ve tested.
While there was no visible indication on the iPhone of our connection to WiFi 6, the Samsung Galaxy S10e showed a small “6” mark superimposed over the regular Wi-Fi icon. The phone also demonstrated its Netgear Nighthawk AX8 AX6000 powered network as being able to reach maximum theoretical speeds of 1,200Mbps, compared to Orbi’s 780Mbps.
Features Of Netgear AX6000
- WIFI 6 – Stream everything at EPIC speed: stream movies, games, video calls, or download / transfer files at 6Gbps at the same time.
- Works with existing and new WiFi 6 devices such as iPhone 11, Galaxy Note 10, and Galaxy S10.
- Works with all Internet providers: replace your existing WiFi router (separate modem or gateway required);
- Compatible with any internet service provider with speeds up to 2Gbps including cable, satellite, fiber, DSL and more.
- Easy to set up and manage: Connect to, set up, and customize your existing cable modem in minutes with the Nighthawk app – easily manage WiFi settings at the device and network level, test your internet speed, view speed history and monitor data usage.
- USB Connections: Share a storage drive with any connected device and create a personal cloud storage to access it from anywhere using 2 x 3.0 USB ports.
- NETGEAR ARMOR Powered by BITDEFENDER: The world’s leading cybersecurity protects all your home devices from viruses, malware, and data theft with a free 30-day trial.
- Smart Parental Controls: Turn off or schedule device internet access, view location history usage, filter websites, set online time limits and more.
- Wired Ethernet Ports: Connect computers, game consoles, broadcast players, and other nearby wired devices to the 5 x 1 Gigabit Ethernet ports.
- Loaded with advanced technology: Designed with Quad-core 1.8GHz processor, OFDMA, MU-MIMO, Dynamic
- QoS, 1024-QAM, Smart Connect for one WiFi name, Beamforming technologies, Amazon Alexa voice control;
- Supports WPA2 / WPA3 wireless security protocols; Includes guest access WiFi, DoS, Firewall, VPN, and more.
There will be a time when WiFi 6 will be everywhere, and we hope the Wi-Fi experience in our homes and offices will be much better. Unfortunately, this time is not here yet. Best 8 Stream Highest Speed Router USA 2021, While we are starting to see some WiFi 6 devices appear on the market, they are still very limited by high-end devices, and very select devices at the time.
So if you are looking to buy a premium router you have a decision to make. If you want to buy something that serves you well for the next three to five years, you can buy something like the Nighthawk AX8 AX6000 and be happy to experiment.
Its daily performance is very good, the range is better than most routers, and you have a product that keeps up with the future. However, if you have a very large home and appreciate getting Wi-Fi coverage on every corner today, you’d better get a premium Wi-Fi service like the Netgear Orbi.